Water-supply polyethylene pipes
Polyethylene (PE) pipes for water supply. Scope of use
Requirements for road transport in the Klimovskiy pipe plant.
Loading segments to the vehicle (the requirements of the Klimovskiy pipe plant).
HDPE pipes for water supply are intended for construction of water transportation pipelines, including drinking water, at temperatures from 0 to 40 ° C, in accordance with regulatory SNIP
PE water pipe installation technology
Installation of polyethylene water pipes is carried out by butt fusion or by electrofusion fittings. In some cases flanges are used.
Butt fusion is a quite complicated process, requiring highly skilled personnel and high quality equipment. Georg Fischer butt fusion systems offered by POLYPLASTIC Group allow almost complete automatich off the process of welding, providing high connections reliability ,white recording and storing the process settings.
Using electrofusion fittings is particularly effective when long segments of polyethylene pipes (diameters
Polyethylene water-supply pipes. Advantages:
- The transportation cost of HDPE pipes for water supply is up to 2 times less than the transportation of steel pipes;
- The weight of PE pipes for water supply is more than 8 times less than its metal equivalent;
- The cost of construction and assembly work, even when using traditional open techniques, is reduced
2-2.5 times; Greater flexibility, allowing an easier pit into the corners of the route;
- The possibility of using easy installation tecniques(narrow-trench installation, and trenchless options) that reduce installation costs, and minimize negative impacts on the environment;
- A significant reduction of the work time — the speed of laying polyethylene pipe networks can exceed the speed of laying the steel equivalent by up to 10 times;
- Polyethylene water-supply pipes have a high to the corrosive effects of resistance to all mineral acids, alkali which makes it possible to eliminateisolation, and does not require cathodic protection systems;
- Polyethylene pipes for water supply have greater throughput capacity (up to
10-15%higher than of steel) due to their high smoothness;
- No need for expensive testing methods and quality control of welded joints;
- No need for expensive training programs, and availability of a wide range of couplings and fittings for butt welding , electrofusion with a high degree of automation makes it possible to minimize the operator error.